List of Documents you will need for Tax Year 2021

Let’s start with the following:

  • Social Security Numbers / DOB for all members of your household that will be on your tax return
  • A copy of your prior year tax return (if not prepared by this office)
  • DL for Taxpayer and Spouse
  • ID Protection Pin (if you have one… can be retrieved at

Here is a list of common Income items:

  • W-2(s)
  • 1099-G (Unemployment, or state/local tax refunds)
  • 1099-INT, 1099-DIV (interest / dividends)
  • Schedule(s) K-1 (income/loss from partnerships, S corporations, etc.)
  • 1099-B (Brokerage statements from stock, bond or other investment transactions)
  • 1099-R (Distributions from Retirement Accounts)
  • 1099-S (Closing statements pertaining to real estate transactions)
  • 1099-NEC (self-employment income)
  • 1099-Misc
  • 1099-K (Merchant Card and Third-Party Network Payments)
  • 1099-C (Debt cancellation)

Here is a list of common Deduction/Credit Items:

  • 1098 (mortgage interest) and property tax statements
  • 1098-E and/or 1098-T (education, tuition, student loan)
  • Child Care costs (from the school with Tax ID listed)

Other Items:

  • Virtual Currency records/transactions (if applicable)
  • All other supporting documents (P&L, schedules, etc.)
  • Any tax notices received from the IRS, FTB or other taxing authorities
  • Alimony Received/Alimony Paid
  • Rental property Income/Expenses
  • Letter 6475 (3rd Stimulus payment received) or amount received
  • Letter 6419 (Advance Child Tax Credit) or amount received